Friday, March 14, 2008

Ready Set Go!


Urban centers cannot compete with the sanity of small town living. Of course there are some odd, shall we say unique, life styles. For instance, our valley is a tourism magnet...in the summer. So in the winter we have many businesses that simply close and the owners head south. ( I assume they are running some warm weather shop for the other 6 months.)
The locals hunker down until the snow melts and then the civic festivities begin. Rounds and rounds of meetings, luncheons, fund-raisers, events...everything it takes a metropolis 12 months to accomplish we will achieve between now and when winter arrives again. Whew, off to take my vitamins.
Here's an article I found on a business fair for home-based businesses. What a great idea. I think this would be a wonderful way for small towns to celebrate this sector of their businesses.

Bearspaw small biz’s to strut their stuff

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, since you left me a comment I will leave you yet another one, along with my email, which is stephanie_breck at yahoo.com. Hope all is going well for you, too. Justin told me he saw you guys at the store the other night! He finally gave in and said we could start "trying" for the new kid - without reaching the perfect 135! Yay - I will probably get there, anyway, but still, at least my dilemma is over. Hope to hear from you!